“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” ~Orson Welles
As I mentioned last week, I’m on a massive salad kick, in a bid to increase my chances of seeing the age of retirement and beyond.
Although I don’t think I’ve paused to consider what a HUMONGOUS leap that is from where I was for a good deal of the time I’ve been writing this blog.
For the first few years of Make-Up & Mirtazapine I never really imagined I was going to make it until the end of the week. Now I’m planning, even if only in the most abstract and quite possibly irrelevant way, for over thirty years in the future. Talk about progress.
Anyway, another good salad I’ve come up with is this one.
Smoked Salmon Quinoa Salad
- 100g smoked salmon flakes
- 240g Seeds of Change quinoa, flax, and red organic rice – but any quinoa and flax-seed would do just as well
- 60g pea shoots and baby leaves
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- a red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered and de-seeded
- a cup of Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbsp grape vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine salmon flakes, quinoa packet, pea shoots and leaves, chopped celery, red pepper, and cherry tomatoes in a salad bowl and toss well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the Greek yoghurt, grape vinegar, olive oil , mustard, and honey.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss thoroughly until the salad is evenly coated.