Many thanks to Kristin over at Bishop & Rook, both for nominating me for the Liebster Award, and for introducing me to her blog, of which I had been shamefully unaware. Go and check it out now, folks.
Liebster of course is German for dearest or beloved.
This award is for new bloggers who have less than 200 followers and helps give them recognition and support. It’s also a great way to let someone know how much you love their blog. So, once again, many thanks to Kristen for nominating me.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, nominate 11 blogs of your own, and post 11 questions for them to respond to.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- My favourite building is the Oslo Opera House.
- I don’t drive. I took lessons, but I absolutely hated it, and I’ve never had any real need for it, so I never got round to taking my test.
- I have a terrible sense of direction.
- I love old movies, and reading biographies of the great old movie stars.
- Despite hating driving, and heights, I’d really quite like to learn to fly.
- My favourite poem is, ‘It Ain’t What You Do, It’s What It Does To You’ by Simon Armitage.
- I used to win lots of art and illustrating competitions when I was at school, but I’ve done next to nothing artistic since I left.
- I love noodles.
- I’m don’t believe that bad people can ever be truly happy.
- I was expelled from ballet school when I was five.
Kristen’s Eleven Questions
- What is one habit you have that you’d love to break? Chewing my nails. Even since I started getting gel acrylic nails that I can’t actually bite through, I haven’t been able to shake the habit.
- What do you eventually want to do with your blog? I hadn’t really thought about it. It’s going pretty much the way I’d hoped so far. I’ve found the words to say the things that I wanted to put out there, and a few people seem to be reading them. I still harbour fantasies of having my own magazine, so I’d like to imagine my blog being the starting point for that. But it seems unlikely.
- What blog / website / online reading material inspires you? I’m inspired by the number of people I’ve come across online who are movingly open about their lives, and particularly their experiences with mental illness.
- Red or white wine? White. Or even better, pink.
- Have you ever attempted a Pinterest project? If so, which was your best one? I got a Pinterest. I thought I was supposed to because everyone else seems to have one. But I can’t work out what I’m supposed to do with it.
- What life lesson has blogging taught you? That being open about things really doesn’t result in the kind of disaster that I’d always feared it might.
- What was the best gift you ever received? I can’t choose a best, so I’m going to tell you about the oldest gift that I still have. It’s a little Alsatian dog made of pottery. My first teacher gave it to me right after the Christmas play.
- Did you ever have that “Oh my gosh, they know who I am!” moment when a specific person followed or commented on your blog? Yes, a friend from university followed the blog not realising who I was, then worked it out. It was a bit awkward.
- Christmas is coming up, what are you asking for? A tagine, because I smashed the one I had, and some Chanel Allure Sensuelle perfume, because I’m running out.
- What is your newest obsession? I’m currently obsessing about deciding what I want to do next with my life.
- What is the next crazy, amazing, no guts no glory thing you will do? When I figure it out, I’ll let you know. Although for the moment it’s looking to be moving to China or becoming self employed, or both.
My Questions for the Winners:
- What is one habit you have that you’d love to break?
- What do you eventually want to do with your blog?
- Who in life has inspired you the most?
- What’s your poison?
- What would you say has been your greatest achievement?
- What life lesson has blogging taught you?
- What was the best gift you ever received?
- What’s your favourite comment that you’ve received on your blog?
- Christmas is coming up, what are you asking for?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is the next crazy, amazing, no guts no glory thing you will do?